The Youth Work Ireland Way Training Course 2024
The Youth Work Ireland Way training award is for those who would like to pursue a career in the youth and community sector and receive accreditation for Youth Work related training. It is aimed at anyone who is working in a Youth Work Ireland Member Youth Service who has no youth work accredited qualification but possibly other qualifications (3rd level or other). This course is also for volunteers in Youth work Ireland Member Youth Services who enjoy working with young people in a range of community-based settings and would like to formalise their experience with accredited and recognised awards. The course content will focus on Youth Work in Ireland which is delivered the Youth Work Ireland Way – as Integrated Youth Services Model, observing current challenges faced by young people, in particular and not limited to – sensitive issues such as, substance misuse, youth unemployment, homelessness and the impact of social media on the young people of today’s society.
This accredited Youth Work course aims to afford the learner a structured general education in subjects across various youth working disciplines:
- To enable the learner to gain knowledge regarding the fundamental theoretical principles relating to youth work.
- To provide the learner with practical skills and competences in the field of youth work.
- To develop competence in the learner to work independently and under supervision in a youth work setting.
- To develop skills and confidence in the learner that can be used in further education or employment.
- To enable the learner to develop an understanding of the nature and unique experience of adolescence in contemporary society.
- To help the learner identify and explore key issues relevant to young people and the factors which influence and shape youth culture and subculture locally and globally.
- Young People in Society
- Understanding Youth Work
- Working with Young People
- Challenging Behaviour Course with a Trauma Informed Trained Youth Worker
- Access to an online Youth Work Resource Bank
- Access to YWI National Office Contacts
- Youth Work Resource Packs
- Peer Community of Practice
- Access to external Supervision and Guidance Supports